Saturday, January 2, 2016

Ice Cream Sandwiches at Schmackary's



The other weekend, my husband I went to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love seeing the angels at Rockefeller Center; the shop windows along 5th Avenue; baking cookies, drinking hot chocolate, stringing up Christmas lights and the overall general good mood that everybody seems to exude in December. After going to see the Rockefeller Christmas tree, my husband and I walked over to the West Side where we enjoyed dinner at an Ethiopian Restaurant called Queen of Sheba. After dinner, we strolled along the streets on the way to the subway and passed by a cookie place called Schmackary's that we decided to pop into.

One of my favorite parts about living in a city is that you can wander along the city streets and almost always find a new place that you haven't tried before. I have found some of my favorite places using this method. Unfortunately, this time around this method failed me. Despite having excellent reviews on yelp, I found Schmackary's disappointing. I ordered a Chocolate Chip cookie, the Schmakerdoodle cookie (sugar, cinnamon and vanilla) and The Red Velvet cookie. The Red Velvet cookie was the only one I didn't throw away and even that was only so-so. My husband ordered an ice cream sandwich with the Chocolate Chip cookie and the Schmakerdoodle cookie serving as the "sandwich pieces." Overall, the ice cream sandwich was the best thing we ordered. Nonetheless, it was still disappointing, especially given that none of the individual components of the ice cream sandwich, the ice cream or the cookies, was really that exceptional. Skip the long lines and high prices at Schmakerdoodle's and find another place to go to satiate your sweet tooth.

Take a hint from the box, don't say we didn't warn you, I would only give Schmakerdoodle's one scoop.

Until next time, keep calm and get your ice cream eating on.

No comments:

Post a Comment