Saturday, January 2, 2016

2 Years In Review: The Best Homemade Ice Creams of 2014 & 2015!

In honor of the New Year, I have decided to create a list of the best ice creams I have made since I got my very first ice cream maker two years ago. I tried to limit the list to just five ice creams, but couldn't help myself and added a sixth. If anybody is interested in trying these flavors for themselves, just click on the link and it will take you to the recipe page.
 
This flavor is unlike any other flavor I have ever had. Do not be intimidated by it's unusualness, however. Anytime I have served it to people, they have always asked for seconds. It's sure to impress even the pickiest of guests.
 
This flavor is rich and chocaltey. I do not usually like chocolate ice cream, as I usually find it weak and watery. This recipe hits the mark, however. It is only for the most hard core of chocolate lovers and sure to cure any chocolate craving.
 
Not the most creative of flavors, for sure, but definitely a classic. My husband would never forgive me if I left Sweet Cream off the list, as it is his favorite flavor.
 
If I could eat this ice cream everyday for breakfast, I would. If you love Thai/Vietnamese Iced Coffee, then you will love this ice cream. It's the perfect way to jump start your morning.
 
A perfect ice cream for the spring. It's floral and sweet and reminds you that summer is just around the corner.
 
If Lavender Ice Cream is the perfect spring flavor, Cinnamon Ice Cream is the perfect winter flavor. It tastes of Christmas, cinnamon buns and eggnog. So get in the holiday spirit and make some today!
 
Leave a comment in the comment section and let me know what your favorite ice cream flavor is.
 
Until next time, keep calm and get your ice cream eating on!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have now made the Sweet Cream recipe and the cinnamon recipe, I loved both and my wife liked the sweet cream. We made the french vanilla version with a vanilla bean. I have noticed something with these though when using my ice cream maker, sometimes the ice cream is a little buttery. It will give the spoon a light fatty coating as well as the roof of your mouth. I think some people refer to this as "over churned". Do you experience the same when you make your ice cream? I am using a Kitchenaid attachment as my ice cream maker. There is always a tiny bit of butter on the bottom of the ice cream paddle. Is there any way to avoid that while still enjoying the richness of full fat ice cream?

    Honey and Thyme is next on my list :-)

    Thanks,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete